Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Betty Home Maker Strikes Again!

I've been on a cooking/baking spree for nearly a week now, and it all started because of Leslie. Dear Leslie, she brought me a zucchini from her boyfriends dad's garden. But not just any zucchini. A HUGE zucchini. Seriously. 12 loaves of zucchini bread later, I decided to toss the rest of the zucchini out. All 6.5 inches worth. Probably enough for another 2 loaves. But I was done with the shredding of zucchini. For a long long time.

But really, was that enough baking for me? Heck no! Let's make some cookies too! Worlds easiest recipe:
1 small can 100% pumpkin, 1 box spice cake mix. Mix it up good, add a bag of chocolate or butterscotch chips, and bake small scoops at 375 for about 10 minutes. Delish!

Then I thought, hey, this would be good with chocolate, too! So I made some with a chocolate cake mix and they were so, so good! Then I thought, these would be excellent muffins... so I made them into muffins too, half chocolate, half spice. YUM!

Today, I had a hankering for some good, warm chili. So I went to the store and got all my ingredients, plus what I needed to make the Chili's Salsa recipe that I love.

Dinner: Lots of chips and salsa, 1 bowl chili with cheese and sour cream on top. Mmmmmmmm..... Desert: Chocolate pumpkin cookies.

I love fall.

No comments: